Wednesday, June 11, 2008

ROSES







After a cool, wet spring, our roses busted out all over this week. Some of the rose bushes are 60 - 70 years old and were planted by Nina Carter who, with her husband Clark, lived in our house for their entire marriage.

Others we planted just this year.

Some years the weather just doesn't cooperate and the roses end up a bit pale and wan.

This year, they're big, bold, bright, and beautiful.

Some years I have enough time to prune and fertilize and nurture and talk and sing to them.

This year I didn't do a thing.

Mother Nature certainly has a green thumb.


2 comments:

Jenna said...

GORGEOUS DAD! I love to see you whip out that camera ;)

Anonymous said...

I wanted to let you know I found your blog. Thanks for not telling me about it!

Nice roses - funny how mother nature is good to your roses but ignores mine. Might have something to do with the crap Las Vegas climate