Saturday, August 23, 2008

TRIP TO ARIZONA

I just got back from a trip to Arizona for work. While there, I spent several hours with Melvin and Nancy and also with Eric, Amy, Ben, Abby, and Alex. I drove from Tempe to Duncan, which took about 3 1/2 hours. Melvin, Nancy, and I then toured the mines and had dinner at a Hotel in Morenci. About 10:00 PM or so, (probably more of the "or so" than the 10:00 PM), I headed back to Tempe. It also took about 3 1/2 hours, so I got to bed late that night.

I had a nice visit with Melvin and Nancy and we talked about Dad, family, old home sites, the upcoming family get-together, and lots more. We made tentative plans to visit again.

Eric and family and I met at a Mexican restaurant and ate...duh!! What else are you going to do when Eric and Bob get together?

Chubby Ben is now Svelte Ben. I recognized his smile and his face, but the rest of him was way different. He's lost about 50 lbs. For a 15 year old, that's like losing a ton. He looked good. The ladies will be discovering Ben this year at his new school.

While in AZ I also worked, but it was uneventful, other than I did get upgraded to First Class going both ways, so it was a good trip.

I had a ball with the Bowmans and Warners. Ain't family great?

1 comment:

I quit. said...

It was great to see you and have dinner. I love Mexicans because of the great food that they have inspired.