Wednesday, December 3, 2008

PEOPLE I LOVE


I've spent some time since the recent election thinking about people who have differing opinions and beliefs from mine. (Is it "from" mine or "than" mine? I don't know...you know what I mean!!) People with whom I could get into a really massive discussion or even argument and we'd disagree on virtually everything, yet I love them dearly.

I'm not going to name any names, but there are people in my family and my extended family that don't like, or maybe they even hate my church; don't like, or maybe even hate my politics; don't like, or maybe even hate my philosophies.

Although those differences might seem like they mean a lot to us right now, in the (dare I say it?) eternal scheme of things (or if you like it better, I could just say, "In the long run...") what really matters is our family, our friends, and those we love.

I hope we don't let those differences get in the way of the love we have for one another.

I love my family, every last one of them, and my friends, regardless of our differences.




3 comments:

Jenna said...

there I am, second from the left in the middle row!

I quit. said...

I think you said it, Bob. “What really matters is our family, our friends, and those we love.” Life is so strange. I have never known anyone who thought exactly the way I think on politics, religion or personal philosophy. Variety is the spice of life, I suppose. The important thing is for one to have an open mind during “discussion” that allows the possibility that someone else’s opinion, although different, may be right (l will be the first to admit I sometimes forget this).

In my opinion, sometimes as humans we let our personal convictions cloud the bigger pictures. The struggle of work, finance, love, children (the list is indefinite). After all, each one of us ripping through space on this tiny little ball we call earth at about 67,000 miles per hour. As humans, I think we are so busy looking at our differences that we forget how much we all have in common.

publickenemy said...

I only love people who look, think, act, and believe exactly as I do, without exception.