Monday, July 6, 2009

IT'S FINALLY HOT!!


After a beautiful, cool, wet spring, it finally got hot in Utah. Now don't tell me how hot it is in Las Vegas or Dallas or Phoenix or wherever you are that is hotter than Provo. To me, 95 degrees is hot. And, if you know me well, at all, you know that I don't like hot weather.



I hate heat.




I hate the Sun.



The Sun and the heat make my skin hurt. Not as in sunburn hurt, because I stay out of the sun so I won't get sunburned. I mean heat and Sun hurt my skin. They make my skin hurt all over. I have the same crappy skin my Mother had. (By the way, other than her skin, wasn't my dear old Mother just about perfect?) Anyway, the Sun and the heat make me feel like my skin is going to wilt and fall off.

From my growing up days in sunny San Diego, I've been treated to basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, and melanoma. At this point in time, I'm skin cancer free.





I know (at least scientists tell us) that the Sun is "important for life." I try to keep that in mind, but it doesn't make my skin feel any better.



So, here I sit in my office, with only my underwear between my beautiful, extremely white body and the heat of the day, with a Sun Blocking Blind in place and the air conditioner blasting on me. It feels so good!!



Is it almost fall?


1 comment:

W said...

I just threw up a little.