Wednesday, December 2, 2009

IS IT POSSIBLE?


Can I really be turning 63 today? Where did my life go? It seems like just yesterday that I was standing on the steps in San Diego, with Linda and Jeff.



Yes, that's Linda, looking like she wants to kill someone. Stay out of her way!! (Double click on the photo to get the full effect of her wrath.) Jeff is looking dapper in his sports coat and bow tie. And, of course, that's me in my Little Rascals' Alfalfa stage.

I found that photo and started looking at a bunch of other photos. It was kind of fun to see my life through photos. Here are some highlights:

A happier Linda, with baby Bobby -



Cub Scout Bobby, at about 8 years old, not quite grown into my ears yet -



Paperboy Bobby - winner of the big contest, about age 12 -



My Senior Picture, age 17 -



Washing my brand new 1968 VW Kaefer (Beetle) in the snow in Sandhausen, Germany. About age 22 -



Graduated from BYU and working at my photo lab, circa 1975, which would make be about 29 years old -



In one of my yo-yo, up-and-down, roller coaster phases...at a down time in my weight cycle. Around 1978, or so. Somewhere about 32 or 33 and about 160 lbs. -




And, just the other day at the new In-N-Out Burger in Orem, UT, age 62 and about 250 lbs. -


It's been a good life, so far. I'm going to try to stick around a little bit longer.


5 comments:

publickenemy said...

Happy Birthday, Dad! Great pictures!

Linda Rae said...

Definitely stick around a while!!

At your BYU college convocation, you were on the stand and it was during a prayer. I looked up and couldn't tell which was you--everybody was in the same gown and men's hats were off--your hair had turned gray and I just couldn't find you. I knew you were on the front row, but--oh well. When you put your head up and your hat back on, there you were!

About the time when you were graduating, you went in for your fishing license. At the part where you had to put your hair color down, you put black and the clerk said gray. You wouldn't go with gray so didn't get your license. hehehe

I hope you had a great day!! You have a terrific and growing family and are justifiably proud of them all.

Ty said...

Holy guacamole! Did you eat that good lookin' high school senior?

Bob said...

Linda - I put "GRY" on my last UT Driver's License application. When I got the license, it said, "BLD" under hair color. I asked if that meant he though I had blond hair and the clerk said, "No, that means BALD."

Ty - That skinny guy is still inside me, somewhere. I wonder if 63 is too old to try to lose weight? I'd like to, but it makes me hungry to think about it. I'm going to go get an In-N-Out Double Double with Fries.

markdw said...

Am I the only one who thinks it was a little strange to be publishing the street address of a 12 year old boy on the city paper?

A more innocent time, perhaps.