Tuesday, February 14, 2012

THE DARK ROOM AT THE END OF THE HALL

There's a room at the end of our upstairs hall. Well, it's not really a room. It's a closet. But, there's a door at the end of the hall that I've never opened, 'cause I'm scared of what might be in there.

Last night, Karen and I cautiously opened the door and found about a ton of crap. Not really crap, in the defecation sense of the word, but more like a mess, refuse, rubbish, junk, litter.

So, we emptied the closet and threw most of the contents away or put it in the Deseret Industries Bag.

Now it's clean and neat and organized. I will now open that door regularly.

My niece, AmyWW, inspired me to do some cleaning and culling, and this was my first attempt. I liked it. I'm moving on to another place. Here's
what it looks like now:




This is a table on the west wall of my office. (See if you can spot my niece's daughter, Alisa? Not my niece AmyWW, my niece JennieWW. You might have to double click on the photo to see Alisa.)

By tomorrow (or so), it will be clean and tidy.

Thanks for the inspiration, Amy.

Thanks for the BIG help, Karen.

5 comments:

Jennie Wojtaszek said...

Awww..you have Alisa's senior pic on the wall in your office!?! That is very sweet!!

Linda Rae said...

Yep, I see my Alisa. Good jobs, B&K. I'm inspired to do the same, but I've been so covered over, a week in the hospital with Cheli, a weekend quilt retreat, and now working every day so far this week, and another day at my quilt shop tomorrow. On Friday, I don't think I'm coming out of my PJs.

Amy Do. said...

Wow! Good job!

Anonymous said...

Spring cleaning is in the air! I'm working on my unfinished room downstairs. It's a real big mess and I can't wait until it's all put back together. Hopefully I will get a D.I. trip in today, too. Good job!

Joy Johnson said...

Sounds like the beginnings of a funny short story with a creepy vibe. But really, I think we all have rooms like that in our houses. The little corners that keep secrets; like the baseball cap I hide routinely from my husband. Lol! Anyhoo, loved your article.
Respectfully,
Joy Johnson
https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/JoyJohnson