Monday, November 10, 2008

IT'S STARTING TO LOOK LIKE WINTER!

Brrrr!

It seems like winter today. It's dark outside. This is the view out our front door.



The dark clouds are thick. We're getting some rain. It's noon and it seems like it's barely sunup.

Oh, we've had a couple of quick snows already this year. It would be 60+ degrees outside, then it would get cold, dump a smidgen of snow on the ground, melt, then get back up to 60 - 70 degrees the next day.

The mountains surrounding Utah Valley have had snow on them for awhile, but nothing in the valley. It's been the most beautiful fall I've seen since I moved to Utah in 1971. The colors have been fantastic. They've overlapped each other. Meaning, usually the red leaves show up, then drop. Then the orange leaves show up, then drop. Then the yellow leaves show up, then drop.

This year we've had all the colors at the same time and it's lasted for weeks. It's been incredible.

I've put up the fence around the wood-burning stove in the Living Room and have a fire going today. The cats love that. They hang out in the Living Room where it's warm.


It's dark outside and following the election, my spirits are a bit dark. But, there's always the spring. Things will get bright and beautiful again.

2 comments:

Queen Bee said...

All the leaves are dropped here, but it was so beautiful while they changed colors. It was 28 degrees last night, and still chilly today. Getting up to drive to seminary was freezing. But I love to do it, once I am on the way. I love getting to talk to the kids, both my own and the ones that ride with us. They are great. The grass is still green here. We still have to mow. I think that is so strange! Sucking up all the leaves with the blower and then mowing the grass underneath. Richard has gone and won't be back for awhile. And then when he gets back, we are going out there! I am so excited!

Jenna said...

look at miss Willow there on the rug! too cute.