Friday, August 7, 2009

DEATH IN THE AIR

When I went outside to water and feed the dogs this morning, I discovered that Bear (new name, Naughty Bear) had brought Lily out to play again.



Lily, who would like nothing better than to continue her decompositon process, was not amused. She didn't participate in any way in Bear's games.
So, following my sister's advice to cremate her (Lily, not Linda), I tried, again, to light her on fire.



Unfortunately, she's still too moist and she has no fur left, so there was really nothing left to burn. I tried and tried, but there was no cremating this cat.




Lily is now in a plastic bag in a black hearse.



It's that 2-wheeled black hearse that we push out front of our house on a weekly basis and some men come by and take the contents to some sacred burial ground.



May she rest in peace...finally.

On a related note, one of the five baby swallows was found dead on the front porch this morning.




I don't know if she fell out and was killed or if she died and was pushed out. But, she's out, dead, and also in the black hearse.



Death is certainly in the air today in Provo.




2 comments:

Jenna said...

oh mercy. I'm not even coming over there today. Poor little Lil.

Jennie Wojtaszek said...

bury them in a wooden box. Thats what we do. They dont get dug up that way!