Thursday, December 31, 2009

NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION #1



2010 New Year's Resolution # 1:


Treat Diabetes like the dangerous disease it is.

I don't know why my brother died on November 9, 2009.
I don't know if it was "just his time." Or, if there was negligence in his treatment at the hospital. I don't know if it was related to breaking his leg or if it had to do with the reason he passed out the morning of the day he died. I don't know if it was because he was grossly overweight or if he wasn't managing his health very well. I just don't know why he died, but it has, among other things, reminded me of my own mortality.



I miss Jeff very much. If there's anyone out there in Blogland who would miss me if I died, anywhere near as much as I miss Jeff, then I want to do what I can to delay my death as much as possible.

I have a few medical problems. Diabetes is the most critical. So, you'd imagine I'd be very careful with my diet and my weight, right? Well, you'd be wrong. I've treated it like it was a hangnail.

So, beginning tomorrow, January 1, 2010, I resolve to faithfully take my medication, as directed.


I also resolve to eat the foods that I know I should eat.




And, avoid the foods I know I shouldn't eat.





I know I'll fail some days. I'll backslide once in awhile. But, for 2010, I want to manage my Diabetes.

Watch for further New Year's Resolutions in days to come.

3 comments:

jenna said...

I like that one Dad. We all want you to stick around for as long as possible so... take your meds!

Queen Bee said...

Go to it Bob. We don't want you to go out that way. Diabetes deaths are not pretty. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I have a few books on nutrition and a few on diabetes, and a few on both. If you would like one, let me know. It isn't that hard once you get used to it. And backsliding is okay, as long as it isn't the norm! Don't give up! We won't give up on you. We love you.

Linda Rae said...

Good ones! I'd miss you.