Monday, January 4, 2010

2010 NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION #2


2010 New Year's Resolution #2:


Study the Scriptures.

I really love my church - The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I enjoy and need the fellowship of like-minded people; people with the same basic religious beliefs that I have. I really need the Church in my life.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is very important to me, as well. And, of course, like all who are followers of the Savior, I need the atonement in my life.



I resolve in 2010, to study the scriptures. Not just read them cover to cover, so I can say that I read them, but really study them.

I enjoyed the year President Hinckley said, "...I offer a challenge to members of the Church throughout the world and to our friends everywhere to read or reread the Book of Mormon." I reread it that year and truly enjoyed it. However, I didn't spend much time in study.

This year, I'll read it with a new eye; with a critical, thoughtful, prayerful approach. Following the Book of Mormon, I'll decide, at that time, the next scripture to study.

Today is January 4th and I've still managed to keep 2010 Resolution #1. Yippee!!

More 2010 resolutions to come...

2 comments:

jenna said...

you're on a roll, dad!

Anonymous said...

That's a good one! I'll add that to my list, too.