Thursday, January 7, 2010

2010 NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION #3



2010 New Year's Resolution #3:

Love God and Neighbor.

In Matthew 22, When the lawyer asked the Savior, "Master, which is the great commandment in the law?", Jesus said, "Thou shalt love the lord thy God with all they heart, and with all they soul, and with all thy mind.

He went on to explain, "This is the first and great commandment."

He went one further by saying, "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself."


It appears to me that if we do not love God and neighbor, whatever else we do will be of little eternal consequence.


I feel like I'm naturally pretty selfish. I usually think of me first. I joke that I've had Karen cross stitch a piece that says, "Every man for himself."

I resolve in 2010 to try to change my attitude - to think of others first. To show love for my neighbors, family, and, of course, my God.

No comments: