Wednesday, September 2, 2009

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, DANO!


Well, I started the day yesterday thinking I’d call Dano sometime during the morning to wish him a Happy Birthday.

I had a dentist appointment at 9:00 AM, which lasted until 10:00 AM. I then had to run up to the Red Cross Center in Orem for a 10:45 AM Platelet Donation appointment.

That took until about 12:30 PM.

I thought I’d go home, eat some lunch and give him a call.

Instead, while I was fixing some lunch, I received a phone call asking if I could go to the church cannery to help can some peaches, since a couple of the people who volunteered were sick.

I left for the cannery as soon as I finished eating and I was there until 5:00 PM.

Karen got home from work and I got home from the cannery about the same time…5:20 PM or so.

She said, “You’re probably too tired for an adventure, aren’t you?”

I said I wasn’t, so we took off for Mapleton to a friend’s house. This friend was selling off some antique furniture to make room for some other furniture.

We bought a beautiful old wardrobe and trucked it home.

Of course, we couldn’t just let it sit somewhere and put it in its rightful place at a later time, so we began the process of moving furniture and the stuff that was in the furniture to their new places of honor.

By the time we finished, I was exhausted and went to bed.

So much for calling Dano on his birthday!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

yeah, but look at that furniture! I love that thing...

What Antique Furniture said...

but how you move these furniture really hard work